Sunday, July 25, 2010

Biomedical Science or Biotechnology?

Salam,
For those biological science students in CFS, this is the question that is always haunting their mind day and night.hehe. I know how it feels as I used to be one of them. However, after receiving advices from my parents, friends and seniors and also browsing for more information on this two fields, I am very happy that I have made my choice. As I mentioned before, right now I'm studying Biomedical Science. During Gass X ( a program done by Sciencess [Science Students Society]), we had a session called "Sharing Moments" where the seniors will share and answer questions based on the life in the campus. Too bad, nobody ask question. Are we too clear about it or is it because we didn't know what to ask? hermmm..well, I don't know. So, what make me choose to do my degree in Biomedical Science. First of all, it is because biological science students have only two choices which are Biomedical Science and Biotechnology. Secondly, it is because I did some browsing and found a brochure that stated the subjects that will be taken by Biomedic and Biotech students. After going through the brochure, I found that I am much more interested in the subjects of Biomedical Science. Therefore, if anybody ask me what I wanna be after finishing my degree, I will only answer a lecturer. I used to have a discussion with my Chemistry teacher in my secondary school about what I wanna be in the future. I used to be interested in continuing my studies in Pharmacy so I told her that. Then, she ask me "What makes U chose Pharmacy? Is it because U want to become a pharmacist?". Then I told her " No, it is because I am interested with the subjects". After listening to my answer, she said that if I am interested with the subjects then it is more suitable to be a lecturer. I dreamt to become a teacher since I was in my kindergarten. So, a lecturer is the upgraded version of my ambition. haha. However, before I achieved that, I have to really work hard for it. I really hope that my ambition will become a reality. InsyaAllah.

No comments:

Post a Comment