Wednesday, June 23, 2010

English for Academic Purposes (EAP)

Salam,
As I mentioned in previous posts, I have done my EAP in the first semester in CFS. So, some of my friends asked me about this subject. First of all, you have to prepare a powerpoint presentation which gives a glimpse on your title. The title that you'll choose must be relevant to the course that you are taking. As an example,one of my friends who is studying Medicine chose Lasik Surgery as the title of her term paper. The powerpoint presentation must include introduction, current issue, refutation, counterargument and conclusion. Not to forget you have to include the references. You will learn how to do quotations in the class. Besides, you are also required to send your research outline. The research outline costs 10% of your marks. The research outline is just like your powerpoint presentation. There will be no mid-semester exam for EAP. Your term paper worth 30% of your marks. You will have final examination based on what you have studied in class such as long and short quotations, paraphrasing, synthesising and summary. Furthermore, you will have a final powerpoint presentation which will costs you lots of marks ( I don't remember how much it costs..hehe..). That is what I'm able to share. If you have some more doubts, you may call or text me. I'll try my best to answer your questions.
To my friends who are taking EAP in Kuantan, I'm not sure if the format is the same. You may refer to the English Department's lecturers.

No comments:

Post a Comment